Thursday, February 17

Doodlerific
So you want to know about the Doodster, eh? S/he is making his/her presence known, that's for sure. Within the past week I have started to feel the movement. It's a trip. At first, I thought that I had eaten some bad Taco Bell, but then I remembered, I can't eat that crap anymore.

Due to my dietary restrictions (read: carb crackdown), I have LOST about six pounds in the past 2 1/2 weeks. This has allowed me to continue to get away with wearing non-maternity clothes, much to my co-workers' jealous dismay (ha ha). I still hate walking on the treadmill, but I do it faithfully every night while watching Days of Our Lives.

Next Friday we hopefully will find out if it's a boy or a girl Doodle. I am getting a distinct boy-vibe. Maybe it's because I can belch like Barney on The Simpsons now. Perhaps I'll have a poll and we can all take bets. I'll work on that...

But enough about me. Bad Lady made the receptionist cry yesterday. Apparently she was expecting -- of all things -- a personal call, and went up and told our regular receptionist that even if she was on the other line, to break in and tell her she had a call, but NOT TO SAY WHO IT WAS. We have a new receptionist who comes in during the lunch hour, and she's only been with us for a week. So she was on duty when the fateful call arrived. And naturally, because it's all she does all day, BL was on her phone. New receptionist broke in, and said, "Bad Lady, Dr. Soandso is on the phone."

Now the only people within earshot are me and New Girl #1, and I either wasn't at my desk or didn't hear, nor would I have noticed or cared if I had, and New Girl #1 probably doesn't give two shits about Dr. Soandso, either.

But BL was so incensed that she charged up to the front desk and bitched out the new receptionist about how that was a personal matter that she didn't want broadcast. Which caused the new receptionist to break down into tears. Nice work, BL. Another fine job.

She also had another client complain to my boss about her yesterday, which pissed her off further. She came over to me to whine about it and was incredulous about it. "They complained about me. About ME!" she said to me, gesturing at herself as if she was wearing a "Citizen of the Year" medal. I could barely keep a straight face. Now that I'm sort of in a leadership role, I have to try and be nice to her. It nearly killed me.

I recovered, though.

No comments: