Friday, November 21

The tribe has spoken, or, Ain't No Sunshine When He's Gone
Rupert got voted off, and with him went his hopes and dreams for a better life. My husband said he wanted to slit his wrists after Rupert's farewell speech. I was disappointed in him, to be honest. At some point it seems like Rupert lost sight of the fact that this was a game that he was participating in, with no guarantee that he'd be the million dollar winner. But have no fear, Bearded One, I see good things coming to you beyond Survivor. Hey now, you're an All-Star, get your game on, go play. We'll see how you hold up against Hatch & Co.

So the power has shifted. It appears that Burton, Jon, Lill, Darrah and Tijuana can now easily pick off Sandra and Christa. Then D&T will likely fall victim to the Outkasts and J-Play. Ugh.

And, can I just ask Mark Burnett, was it really necessary to keep showing the snake eating the iguana? I got the metaphor. The first time you showed it. I didn't need to see it two subsequent times. I know it's nature and all, but I prefer not to have that image burned into my memory, providing nightmare fodder for my brain.

With that, I conclude my Survivor thoughts for the week.

No comments: