Monday, November 24

More stories from the night the band played
As if the hamster story weren't enough, and the crazy dancing guy in the bar, here's another tidbit from Saturday night. We're sitting at the bar before the show, and this guy comes up to my husband and says, "You look familiar to me, did you go to [name omitted] High School?" My husband says that he did, but doesn't recognize the guy. So the guy introduces himself as "Chad, the guy who broke into the school and fucked shit up."

That indeed rings a bell with my husband, and he laughs. So they talk about high school for a little bit. When Chad excuses himself, my husband tells me the story. Apparently, in his younger days, Chad stole some different acids from the science lab at school and then attempted to blow up the school safe by mixing the acids together. Chad was not a chemistry whiz, however, which I would assume would be of utmost importance for such an operation. So he mixed the wrong kinds of acid together and it started smoking so much that it was choking him and he had to abort the mission.

Smart guy. So that's his claim to fame. I can't believe he actually introduced himself to my husband that way. You'd think he would want to forget that particular episode in his life. What do I know, though?

No comments: