Tuesday, November 18

This changes everything
So I'm down in the kitchen. I make a mental note of the quantity of Pretzel Crunch bars left (two!!! this is a state of emergency!), and then a flyer posted over the candy bar box catches my eye. Usually these candy bar fundraisers are for Jimmy's school trip to D.C. or Suzie's school band so they can buy instruments. Well, get this. I have paid $2 into the hopes and dreams of a future child star. It's not even for the daughter of a coworker, it's for her friend. There's a picture of a (albeit adorable) girl that goes along with the flyer, and it says something like, "Help Allie get to Hollywood." Allie has secured herself an audition with Nickelodeon, it seems, and by my eating 620 calories worth of chocolate, I'm chipping in for plane fare or something.

I'm not sure how I feel about it. On one hand, it's just candy, but geez. I'd like to feel that my chocolate consumption was buying a tuba, or at least a part of a tuba.

Oh no, I hear Incompetent But Likeable wandering around. He jingles his change when he walks, and I keep hearing the jingle approach and then subside. Approach and subside. I will lose it if he asks me one more time about the attachment. And he's written the instructions down. He just really is that bad at using the computer. Grr.

No comments: