Wednesday, November 12

A la AOL Journal style...
Feeling: calm, for the moment
Hearing: what else ... the 55th playing in a row of the Ryan Adams CD, with a soft background of B.L. shifting voraciously through papers on her desk
Eating: a mighty tasty apple

Anyhoo, today is coming along quite nicely. We had a nice group bonding experience as we all had to stuff cover sheets into a pocket of a folder (see "Major fuckup", 11-7-03) because the original cover sheet had a typo on it. So, totally my fault. We managed, with 8 people, to stuff 2000 folders in under an hour. And much to my surprise, everyone, including Bad Lady, participated. I was sure she wouldn't stoop to doing manual labor and being away from her desk, and hence her phone, and hence hence her myriad of personal calls. But she was a trooper.

During said group bonding, I was forced to work closely with SWF, who I am convinced should probably be on Ritalin or some kind of sedative. She must have constant conversation or she starts bouncing up and down in her chair. The tell-tale sign was when, after about 30 seconds of no one saying anything, she told me to "tell her a story." I wanted to tell her the story of "Bite Me, Bitch", but I decided not to.

After returning from my desk I did a quick blog-sweep to see if anyone had updated, and found a link on one of them to this "Personality Disorder Test." I can't remember where this was, so I'm sorry if you're reading this and I stole it from you. Don't take this test unless you are ready for it to tell you you're messed up. My highest score was in "avoidant." I also had some high scores in "paranoid" and "obsessive-compulsive."

That was the cherry on top of my day.

I would ordinarily sulk about this but I'm pretty sure it's a correct assessment. Maybe not the paranoid. But I'm definitely a conflict-avoider, if that's what the whole "avoidant" thing is about.


But on a more positive note, I'm getting a lot done, including an ad for Incompetent But Likeable, Computer-Illiterate Guy that's not due until the end of next week, buying myself a few days' worth of time that he won't be bugging me about the Next Upcoming Project.

And we received a message from Sprocket that our new computers will be installed this weekend. Ok, but I'm not holding my breath ...

No comments: