Thursday, November 6

Food is good
Tonight I'm attempting to make my once-a-year Stuffed Peppers. I'd make it more often, but we always forget about them and then there's 50 million other things we want to make first. I'm looking forward to it though. I make mine with ground beef, rice, tomato sauce, and worchestershire. I think tonight we're going to chop up some mushrooms and put those in as well. Awww yeah.

Ring, ring
A call comes through from the receptionist for me. OK. I pick it up. Person on the other end of the line says, "Can I speak to [name omitted] who handles the [random administrative task I know nothing about?]"

OK, sure. But, um, didn't you JUST talk to the receptionist, who could have connected you DIRECTLY with the person you needed to speak to, instead of going through her and THEN through me?

Thank god for whoever invented the "do-not-disturb" key that I just pressed on my phone.

No comments: