Sunday, November 9

It's that time of the week
There's something about Sunday nights that just depresses the living bejeebers out of me. I have to get back in gear for the work week, and that means all kinds of unpleasantries, unforseen stresses, phone calls from clients whom I haven't heard from in months who suddenly have 500 changes to make, and they need their stuff printed right now. I hope it's not one of those kinds of weeks.

A couple of bright spots: tomorrow night I'm meeting a friend for dinner after work. I think we are going to attempt to get in to the Cheesecake Factory, which makes me glad I put in the extra time on the treadmill. I don't know if we'll be successful, though. The wait time may still be outrageous. If not we'll end up at Cooker or someplace like that. Which is fine too. My friend has some serious bad shit going on in her life right now, such as, she didn't pass the bar exam, just found out her boyfriend of nearly a year is cheating on her... with a stripper. You know. Just your usual, every day problems. I feel horribly for her, I mean, either one of those things by themselves would be a lot on ones plate. But for both to hit at once, man. That's cruel. But so anyway, we're going to go out tomorrow and hopefully have a good time and not worry about boyfriends and bar exams.

Then Tuesday, I think my husband and I are going to see a musician who goes by the stage name of Badly Drawn Boy. He's another one of those singer-songwriter types, so I'm sure it will be good music but an eccentric show nonetheless.

The rest of the week, depending on what's going down at work, could prove to be pure crap. Plus it's Bad Lady's birthday on Friday, and I know we're going to have to figure out something to do. Which is stressful in itself because she doesn't eat cake, so that's out of the question, she doesn't eat pizza, so we can't do that. She doesn't really enjoy donuts or any sort of breakfast food, so that's out. She doesn't like balloons, or candy, or any other normal birthday fare. Pretty much the only thing the woman eats is lettuce or the occasional Nutri-Grain bar. That's a party waiting to happen right there.

*sigh*

At least I'll have some entertaining fodder to blog about all week.

No comments: