Thursday, November 20

News briefs

~ In the Most! Dramatic! Rose! Ceremony! Ever! Bob chose Estella.
And there's two more hours of my life I'll never get back.

~ For all of you who suffered power outages during the blackout in August, it looks like you can now safely blame First Energy, which is headquartered about 15 minutes from where I live.

~ I just dumped Rupert off my CBS Fantasy team and sold my Rupert stock in the Survivor stock market game I play. *sniff* (voice cracks) I'm going to miss you, you loveable, huggable man-beast.

~ Someone looked at this blog last night after a Google search of "free Serpentine font." Please oh please, let it not have been Bad Lady.

And finally, this story ...
(Thanks for my friend Ann, who e-mailed this to me)

Inmate Makes Deal to Watch Football Game
Ohio Inmate Makes Plea Deal to Stay in Jail to Watch the Ohio State-Michigan Game on
Television

The Associated Press

COLUMBUS, Ohio Nov. 19 ? Jeff Renne's plea deal on a forgery charge came with one
demand: He had to stay in the local jail through the weekend so he could watch the Ohio
State-Michigan game on television on Saturday.

Renne, a Buckeyes fan, knows from his criminal past that there is no television at the
reception center where inmates go before they are moved to one of the state's prisons.
But inmates at the Franklin County jail get to watch TV.

"I told my attorney if they would table my transfer for a week, I would take the deal,"
said Renne, who was charged with forgery.

"If they win, I will be on cloud nine for a few months that I'm incarcerated."

Judge Richard Sheward of Franklin County Common Pleas Court agreed to the deal and
accepted Renne's plea on Monday.

"What possessed me to say yes? It's Michigan week and it's Columbus, Ohio, and I thought
I should do my part for the Ohio State Buckeyes," Sheward said.

Renne will serve two years in prison.

No comments: