Thursday, November 13

Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets
In this corner, weighing in at approximately 120 pounds and standing 5 feet 4 inches, she's the coworker everyone loves to hate... Bad Lady!
And in this corner, wearing the red trunks, tipping the scales at around 125 pounds, with a stature of 5 feet and three inches, it's Evil Realtor!

Who will win in this unprecedented battle of evil vs. evil? It's anyone's guess at this point.

Right now, Bad Lady has entered a meeting with perhaps the nastiest, most difficult, crotchetiest (sp?) realtor I have ever known. I pride myself on making sure that I give the people that I work with, what they're looking for. I might not get it right on the first try, but I always make it right.

A few years ago, I encountered Evil Realtor. I was still relatively new at my position at that point, but I still felt that I had a good grasp on the whole design concept and was relatively confident in my people-pleasing abilities. Well, Evil Realtor was not about to be pleased by anything I did. She, in fact, hated, despised, spat upon my work. Was insulted that I would present her with such crap. So I redid her entire campaign from scratch, using the colors and fonts she liked, the picture of herself that she liked, etc. That, too, was a no-go. In fact, she cried to my boss about it because she hated it so much. Allright, we'll give it one more try. But alas, Evil Realtor had already decided she hated me, and hated my boss, and hated our department, so she took herself to an ad agency and paid out the nose to probably have the same work done that I'm on salary to do for her for free.

So she's back. And knowing Bad Lady like I do, I know that Evil Realtor will probably eat her alive. Maybe they'll get along famously, since they're both distant relatives of Satan and probably share some of the same DNA. Maybe Evil Realtor will love the three-font extravaganza of crap that Bad Lady calls design.

I will be quite excited to see how this one turns out.

No comments: