Wednesday, April 8

I got the diabeetus

Last week was my 28 week glucose test. The results came back and my sugar was at 201. It should be around 100. Yep, I got the diabeetus again. Last time I was pregnant, they diagnosed me with gestational diabetes around week 11 or 12, with my initial blood test. This time around, I thought I was in the clear. Everything was coming back normal. But then I drank that damn orange pop and here I am, on serious carb withdrawal.

This is the second day of my diabetic diet, and let me just say, IT SUCKS!!!!!! Sucks sucks sucks sucks sucks. I've always been a "want what I can't have" kind of girl, and let's just say that I never met a bag of potato chips that I didn't like. And I've been indulging myself with candy and ice cream during this pregnancy because I've basically felt like dog crap the entire six months so far. Somehow, gnawing on a celery stalk just doesn't have the same theraputic effect.

But I will sacrifice my sugar and carbs for the good of this baby. And I figure this gives me plenty of ammo right off the bat for when he's older and I get to infuse some mom-style guilt onto him. Right after I finish off a pint of Ben & Jerry's.

5 comments:

Erin Angeline Barnes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin Angeline Barnes said...

hah! I had to remove my initial comment because I posted it as (my) Erin. D'oh!

Sorry to hear about this! I know how you love a good vending machine snack!

You should do like I did and have a post-birth snack list. Everyone who visits has to bring something from the list. I got sandwiches from my fave deli, brownies, cheesecake from the Cheesecake factory, etc.

Hang in there!

Erin Angeline Barnes said...

Okay, so I'm still posting as Erin. Weird. I must have her baby shower account tied to my blogger one somehow.

*shrugs*

kswen said...

I'm glad you're back at the blogging stuff. It's about time!

Sorry to hear about your diabeetus. Back to cheez-it portion control and endless jars of pickles. Thank god for the pickles.

lifeonhold said...

I'm sorry to read that the diabeetus is back. I know you will continue to obey Dr. Walrus.