Thursday, May 24

Technology
Did anyone else Tivo the American Idol finale last night? I did, because I can't watch the show live. I have to be able to fast forward through the stupid or boring parts (read: 99% of the show).

My DVR, as I suspect is the case with all DVR's, can only record two shows at once, and then you either have to watch one of those shows, or watch something else that you have already recorded. While Idol was on I was also recording "Lost", so I was watching some other shows that I need to catch up on, like "Entourage" and some other junk. From time to time I'd switch to Idol and fast forward through the nonsense, then switch back off when I caught up with the live show.

At 10, when the show was supposed to end, I also had two shows recording. "Lost" again, and "Shear Genius" I believe. So I took that time to finish watching Idol.

STUPID EFFING SHOW WENT OVER so I had no idea who won. My recording ended WAY before they even got CLOSE to announcing the winner (which, yeah, I knew was going to be Jordin, but STILL). So then I had to get on the Internet just to confirm that Jordin won.

So my gripe is with American Idol's producers. They have to know that people are tuning in mostly to see the winner announced. Could they at least keep the show running on time so those of us who cannot, or refuse to, watch it live have a shot to see the end of the show?

'Kay thanks.

No comments: