Friday, May 25

But wait -- there's more!
Now the post where I brag.
Doodle went pee-pee on the potty!
Not just once, but TWO DAYS IN A ROW at school.
I've told you how much he loves to sit on the potty but something actually happened on Wednesday. And they called me to tell me. Then I promptly called my mom.
"You're calling to tell me about my grandson's bodily functions?" she asked.
"Well, yeah!"
"Is this what we've come to?"
"I guess so."

When I went in to day care on Thursday I asked if they thought it was merely coincidence that Doodle pee-peed on the potty. We thought it probably was. But then oops, he did it again on Thursday! Coincidence? I think not.

This means that this weekend, I am going to have to read up on potty training. Because I am clueless. Totally clueless.

2 comments:

lifeonhold said...

Doodle seems to know more about potty training than you do!

I enjoy your entries, but sometimes don't comment.

Anonymous said...

Girl, I can tell ya how to maybe do this too! It totally worked with my daughter BETTER than my son- but that's because with two, it was harder to stay on track with him.

One weekend (this weekend?) when you have nothing planned- put that potty chair in the living room, set a timer and put him on it FAITHFULLY every 30 minutes. Scream with glee when he does something. I know that prior to doing this, I bought Kourtney some "Barbie" panties that were oh so cute- and I told her she could only wear them if she used the potty like a big girl. After that weekend, I swear before GOD, I gave away half a pack of pampers- she was good from that point on. My Dr at the time recommended that we NOT use pullups- as they DO need the irritating sensation of wetting themselves in order to be uncomfortable and NOT get lazy and do it again and again.

Yay Doodle!