Monday, December 31

Year of the Fox?
I am enjoying the day off today. Although, the day off came complete with a Doodle, so it's not quite the leisurely off day I may have liked it to be. Doodle and I went to my office and saw my co-workers. He was incredibly shy at first, and then was running rampant in the executive offices (which were shockingly empty) by the time we left.

As I got off my exit on the turnpike, a reddish blur on the side of the road caught my eye. There, chillin' out among some tall grass, was a fox. And not of the Michael J. variety either.

I don't know about your parts, but in these parts, I have never, EVER, in my entire life, seen a fox. Maybe they're around here and I never knew.

On New Years Eve, I take every little out-of-the-ordinary happening as an omen of things to come, so I am trying to come up with some sort of reason why the fox revealed itself to me. No, I haven't been drinking yet.

Here is an interesting bit I found online: (from houseofnames.com)
This fox is a symbol of the devil tempting man; therefore, it may be a reminder to the bearer to stay alert and resist temptation.

Hmm. I'll keep that in mind as I enter 2008.

Happy New Year everybody!

No comments: