Thursday, November 2

Office Update
I thought I would update y'all with some snippets of what's been going on in this crazy ol' workplace of mine.

Incompetent but Likeable has been working with a personal trainer. (See: jump rope story) but now has taken it one step further -- by learning how to box. This is the most uncoordinated, goofy guy you ever want to meet, who is now throwing punches at a sparring partner. Not to mention, he's been showing off his moves in the office. And doing some kind of yoga moves. Picture Daniel-san in the Karate Kid, up on one leg, and then picture a bald guy in his 50's doing that pose, and you'll get the idea. Again, he practices these moves in the office.

Kindly Old Granny Admin has been slipping into phases of major forgetfulness. We had a meeting a couple of weeks ago, and she went around to each of us, told us when it was, and then she herself did not show to the meeting, appeared confused when someone came and got her, and said she didn't know we were having a meeting. Sad. I don't know if she even realizes. There are many other instances that I won't detail here, but suffice to say, it's been happening a lot lately.

All the bosses are out at some boss retreat thing, so the office has been very quiet. Except for the Office Spy, who I think secretly thinks she is running the office. She is the one who says "knock knock" when she comes to my cube. It makes my skin crawl when she does it.

At this boss' retreat, apparently they're at some posh resort, and my boss and a buddy went skeet shooting today. I'm just waiting for the report on this one. I sent him a text yesterday that said, "You'll shoot your eye out!"

Bad Lady has been surprisingly pleasant lately, so much so that I might have to change her nickname to "Not So Bad After All Lady". Doesn't quite have the same ring to it, though, huh.

No comments: