Monday, August 14

Bits and pieces
  1. Twice within the past week, acquaintences of mine have asked me, upon first seeing me, if I'm pregnant. So this has me freaked out because either a) I'm pregnant; or b) I look pregnant. Maybe that trip to the candy store really didn't help me out too much in that respect.
  2. Doodle took about 8 or 9 steps yesterday, from the TV stand, across the living room, to me, where I was sitting in a rocking chair. He was wearing just a onesie so it was hilarious to see his little skinny bird legs come toddling toward me. I'll have to make a movie of it soon.
  3. Over the weekend I volunteered at the zoo, as part of a child safety campaign for my company. It involved standing in a tent and fingerprinting a ton of little kids. Two slightly amusing things happened there:
  • Two really cute girls who looked to be sisters, maybe 6 or 7 years old, came up with their parents. One proudly declared, "I'm getting a baby brother!" And, for some strange reason, I asked, "Is this your sister?" At which point, the mom said, "No, this is the aunt and the neice, even though they're only three months apart!" Well, shut my mouth. Will never ask familial questions AGAIN.
  • This will only be relevant to Clevelanders: ageless meterologist Dick Goddard walked up to our tent and asked me where the amphitheater was. I had no idea, which is what I told him, and he was gone before it even registered to me that Dick Goddard had just asked me where the amphitheater was.

No comments: