Wednesday, March 15

Moo Goo WTF?
So I got the weirdest prank phone call EVER on Saturday. At least I think it was a prank phone call. It was a bizarre phone call, regardless.

It went a little something like this:
Me: Hello?
Dude (sounds caucasian, in his 20's or late teens): Uh, is this the Owen residence?
(Owen is my husband's name.)
Me: Sort of... Owen lives here...
Dude: Oh, because this is the Chinese market, and the party that you're having this afternoon in a couple hours? Everything is all set.
Me: Huh?
Dude: You know, the party? 100 egg rolls, 100 sushi...
Me: Nope, not a clue. You must have the wrong number.
Dude: No, no, I've got schezuan beef...
And he KEEPS naming stuff! So I cut him off again.
Me: Who is this again?
Dude: Uh... the Chinese... market... buffet?
Me: And where are you located?
Dude: *dial tone*

WTF? I was waiting for the punch line. How weird is that? I mean, at LEAST ask if my refrigerator is running. Something. Don't leave me hanging like that!

If I had been thinking on my feet (but it was early Saturday morning) I would have played along like, "Oh yeah! THAT party! I thought you were talking about another party at the chinese market buffet!" Or been like, "No, it's 200 egg rolls, dumbass!" But instead I was just stunned at how random this call was. And thinking to myself as it was happening, this is so going in my blog.

No comments: