Wednesday, October 19

Oh, be-hive
My child right now is one giant hive. And I am FREAKING out about it! It started yesterday, the day care called and had noticed a red spot on his face after getting him up out of his crib, but it then spread all over his face while they were feeding him.

By the time I got there, the marks on his face were gone, but when I got him home I noticed huge hives with white bumps all over his chest and arms.

This morning he had a second outbreak that I noticed when I got him up this morning.

Then he had a third outbreak at daycare while getting his bottle.

My husband is taking him to the doctor right now but I am about to have a heart attack here... what could be causing it? It's probably not the formula, although most of the outbreaks have occurred while he was eating (not the one this morning though -- I nursed him from the time he got home last night until we left for daycare this morning!). We did laundry last night, and gave him a bath, so it's probably not detergent. And besides, it's the same stuff we've always used.

I'm seriously trying not to wig out here. Does anyone have any experience with hives and their causes to give me some ideas of what the hell might be going on?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NOT TO WORRY!! And oyu probably know by now...babies are prone to contact dermititus. That means formula that has seeped onto the front of his onsie...to using dryer sheets with the laundry...or from nothing (idiopathic); it ALWAYS goes away. Don't you worry. My kids all got white heads inexplicably in the first couple months of life that went away withing the week. The MD's say nebulous things like "virus" or "comtact demititus" just to get you out of their office. It will be gone within a week though. This is a guarantee.