Friday, October 31

Mental health day
I'm feeling wonderful today because I am not at work! I can't even tell you how much I needed this break. I was on such a short fuse, things that ordinarily don't bother me were starting to get to me.

So. Anyhow. Life is good. I'm streaming Ryan's new CD on my computer, I'm only on the first song and already I can tell I'm going to like it. It's very different from anything he's done before.

Costume shopping was kind of disappointing. I honestly don't understand why every adult woman's costume has to be the Sexy Something-or-Other. Like, I don't want to be a sexy nurse, I just want to be a regular old, bedpan-carrying nurse. I don't want to be a sexy vampire, just your average, every day vampire will do. Nor do I want to be the sexy schoolgirl, policewoman, or the sexy clown. The sexy cat costume would look ridiculous on me.

So anyway, my costume for tonight's festivities will be Girl Wearing Witch Hat. I know that's ultra-original, but I was not about to be the Sexy Something-or-Other.

My husband went all out and bought a Jango Fett (from Star Wars) mask. I don't know how he'll wear it and play guitar at the same time, but at least he got something. I wanted him to get this purple pimp hat and Bootsy Collins-style glasses but he didn't want to spend the money. Jango Fett was only 10 bucks.

And I guess that's cool, because we are low on funds. I personally have about 5 bucks and change in my checking account. How did this happen, I'm not sure. And another week til payday. Ouch.

No comments: