Thursday, October 16

Somebody Else's Boss is Fair Game

My husband comes home last night with a DVD box set of the Indiana Jones movies -- not yet available in stores. The means by which he came into these movies is a bit on the shady side -- it would definitely be a high rank on the Sketch Factor. He works for a large shipping company (rhymes with Med Vex) and sometimes, definitely NOT frequently, boxes get damaged during transit. His boss, who I know simply as "The Vince-inator," and who I have never met but in the movie in my mind of him, he's played by Joe Pesci, clandestinely shoved a set at him at the end of the day and said, "here. take 'em." Apparently they were shipping them to a movie store, the box was damaged, and some of the DVD's fell out. When this happens, they have to be shipped back to the originating place and I'm sure a damage report is filled out, and they are compensated by insurance for the damaged and/or missing goods. That's just a guess.

And to protect those involved: none of this actually happened. I'm making it all up. I definitely do not have shadily-acquired goods in my home.

Let's pretend we never had this conversation.

No comments: