Saturday, October 18

Correspondence

A good just-after-noon to you. I have occupied my morning with trying not to worry about my husband who, against his better judgement, has decided to go canoeing in the northeasternmost area of Ohio. I have this tendency to fear the worst so the worst won't happen. So I'm envisioning Deliverance and what I would do should I become a widow today. Yes, it's morbid, but my imagination is overactive.

I've been working on odds and ends around the house, but of the utmost importance is the ever-looming pile of thank you notes that still need to be done. I just wrote three and got exhausted with the whole process. Plus, being a lefty, I already have a huge smear all over the side of my hand from dragging it through the words that I have just written.

I tried reading some of the mammoth collection of Sherlock Holmes mysteries, until Domino decided that it was time for him to sleep on my lap.

Oh yeah... I just remembered that today is Sweetest Day. What a meaningless, commercial whore holiday. This also means that every restaurant is going to be packed tonight, which will piss me off. We'll probably just end up at the Winking Lizard, which is our absolute favorite place to go on earth. It's your typical dive-bar, frequented by bikers and yuppies alike. It has great burgers, the absolute best fries, and a beer list that is unrivaled.

I also just remembered that there is some leftover Chinese food in the refrigerator with my name on it.



No comments: