Monday, October 20

I want candy

Candy am good. Two Nestle Crunch bars and one Kit Kat just gave me the jolt I needed to stop feeling sorry for myself and get down to biz-nazz. Maybe.

Here's something strange: Trick or Treat in my neighborhood is this coming Saturday, the 25th. Halloween is still a full week away after this! I haven't purchased any candy yet. My logic in buying Halloween candy is to buy something that I don't really like so that I don't end up eating it. But I also buy something I do like for the express purpose of eating it myself. I wonder how many kids we'll get to our house. I think we live in a community of mostly older people, but there could be grandchildren visiting. Also, our community is fairly well-to-do (except for, well, us). We could get a lot of imported children coming for the rich people's candy.

I don't know what happened to Trick or Treat being on Halloween night. Isn't that the purpose of Halloween? It's not any old day of the week. It's All Hallows Eve, October 31st. Back in my day we went out that night, and that night only.

Now stay off my lawn.

No comments: