Friday, June 4

Update
Thank you, Gary, for that info. I don't know if that's what I have, but it sure sounds like it. Meanwhile, the doctor gave me Valium (bo-nus!) and a water pill to try and draw out whatever fluid or whatever yucky stuff is in my inner ear. I also have to get an ENG done which apparently is some sort of test to determine whether the problem is a simple inner ear infection or if it has to do with the nervous system. Great! Because that doesn't freak me out.

I wish I could give you all a visual of my ENT doctor. He was this jolly old bald man, with a HUGE gut. And he wore one of those old-school doctor headbands with the reflector eyepiece thing flipped up. Hilarious. He gave me this detailed explanation of the anatomy of the inner ear (which went in one ear and out the other, no pun intended) and looked in my eyes with some sort of tool and said that my right eye was in constant movement whereas my left was not. Which said to him that, duh, the problem is in the right ear, but also, despite my feeling better, the dizziness is still present. It may be that I've grown accustomed to it but it is still there.

Soooooo... next Friday I get this ENG test. Must read up on it. But in the meantime... valium. I don't know why I got that. Something about how it works in tandem with the water pill. I dunno.

No comments: