Tuesday, June 22

Logo designer
One of my most-hated aspects of my job is designing a logo for someone or something. I have it in my mind that I should come up with five options.

The first logo I create is usually my favorite. It is also the one I believe in my heart that the person or entity will choose. It is the logo that gives the client everything they have asked for and more.

The second one is decent. Occasionally it will surpass the first one in creativity, or will be a bit outside the box.

The third is when the downward spiral begins. Neither good nor bad, the third logo I design is still within range of what the client is looking for, but lacks the spunk of the previous two.

Logo #4 is a desperation logo. The creative juices are running dry at this point and logo #4 is often the one that is done the fastest, with the least attention to detail.

And then the last logo, logo #5, well, that is a beast. I've used every shred of creativity on the other four, and there's nothing left. This logo takes forever for me to create. And I always hate it. It is the redheaded stepchild of logos. Its peppier, flashier siblings get to go to the ball and it doesn't.

But you know what?

People like logo #5 the best. 9 times out of 10.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Designing logos is just one of the many things I do as a graphic designer. Your best bet is to try and get a job at an agency, most of them like to see a graphic design degree. Hope that helps!