Tuesday, June 22

What I used to believe
When I was young, I used to believe that the female reproductive organ was a "buh-gina." This came from the girl down the street, who, as young as first or second grade, learned about the birds and the bees from her parents and then promptly reported back to me. I still didn't completely understand it until we got the big talk from the school in fifth grade.

I also used to believe that when I got to fourth grade, I was going to have all my pencils taken away. Either my first or second grade teacher said that the older kids just used pens and they weren't allowed to make mistakes while writing, so we were going to have to learn not to make mistakes either.

It's funny what we believe as children. Here is a neat site with some other funny ones on it.

What did you used to believe?

No comments: