Tuesday, June 8

Specialty Instructor
Reading Teem's journal about a t-shirt that says "Objects Under Shirt Are Larger Than They Appear", reminded me of an embarrassing little anecdote from my past.

When I was a freshman in college, I began to enjoy wearing random t-shirts usually purchased at thrift stores. Most had funny sayings that made no sense except to the original creator of the shirt (example: "I saw the governor but where was the shrimp?"). Once, I purchased a t-shirt that looked like a typical lifeguard t-shirt, white with red letters and a sketch of two people in scuba gear. It said "specialty instructor." I thought it was just a funny shirt to wear, and so I wore it out several times, including to class.

After several times of wearing the shirt, I took it out of the laundry basket one day to hang it in my closet, when I realized that the two scuba divers were in a, shall we say, suggestive numeric position. It seems this was an entirely different specialty altogether.

Needless to say I never wore the shirt again. But god only knows how many guys saw the shirt and thought, hey, I should get that chick's phone number. OK, probably not too many.

No comments: