Friday, January 28

Ponderous
Blogger ate a rather long-winded post (a rarity from me) about my trip to the dietitian and how I freaked out when I had to stab myself with the needle. It also made a rather Beavis-like joke about a big prick. Huh huh.

However, I have moved on.

And I am wondering about something.

Have we, as a society, gotten so lazy that we watch people playing cards on television? I heard a radio commercial for Season 2 of the World Series of Blackjack, followed by Celebrity Blackjack, not to mention the poker craze that is sweeping the nation. I understand playing cards. It's fun. Watching other people play? Not so much. And spending an afternoon watching several hours of programming devoted to watching complete strangers play? No thanks.

Unless I'm missing something. Like the cards randomly light on fire while they are playing. Or if they play a certain sequence of cards, a dancing bear comes across the screen. No? OK. Then I still don't get it.

3 comments:

GreenTuna said...

I'll watch A LOT of things on TV...but I just can't do cards. I'd rather do laundry and dishes. No. Cards.

Margaret said...

Blogger was ALWAYS hungry for my posts. I now create my posts as a Word document, then copy and paste into blogger. If Blogger eats it again, I just paste again.

lifeonhold said...

I enjoy watching some TV poker, but I'll draw the line at TV Bingo.

I would love to actually play cards, but that takes people....or at least internet people.