Thursday, January 27

Goodbye sugar, my old friend
Sugar, it's been nice knowin' ya. You and I had quite the love affair going on. I would sip you in soda, stir you into tea, and enjoy your sweetness in many, many other ways.

Today, it ends. The jig is up, as they say.

The report from the doctor today was that my sugar levels were abnormally high, and so it's off to the diabetic counselor for me. Fortunately, they believe that this is just gestational diabetes, rather than the full-blown type. I get to go on a "special" diet, and have been instructed to walk two miles a day, which means I have to, quite literally, dust off the treadmill this evening. Once I meet with the counselor, I get to test my blood sugar several times a day. Then, hopefully, my blood sugar will be regulated. If not, then I move to the insulin shots. Let's just hope it doesn't come to that.

There was a bright spot to my doctor's visit... I got to hear the baby's heartbeat. Super cool.

And, the BIG ultrasound is going to be on Feb. 25th, that's where we get to see whether I've got a he or a she growing inside of me!

Oh, and when I got to work, BOTH pregnant woman spots were taken. Remember my post from a couple days ago where I felt guilty about parking there? Well, I was pissed today when my primo spot was not available. Curse those other two bitches!

3 comments:

GreenTuna said...

Well, better safe than sorry, right? After Doodle is born (yes, I have named your child "Doodle" because, well...a Doodle is a little sketch, right? And if Doodle is being bad, then you can call he/she Doody for being such a poop head. Right? So yeah, who needs sugar, anyway?

Jubileee said...

Can you have Splenda? I find myself not missing sugar as much now that I use Splenda.

Margaret said...

See...'Doodle' is already taking over your life. The next thing you know, you'll only get a corner of the bed, with no covers, no presents for Christmas or your birthday, everything that is yours will become mine (to Doodle)~even the NEW car. P did that, and more to me!!

Tell your husband that he's next!!!