Sunday, January 2

Long weekend
For as much whining as I did on Friday, I will try not to rub it in that I have the day off tomorrow.

Had a good weekend, we removed all traces of Christmas from the house, so everything is back where it belongs. This really pleases the Rainman side of me that likes everything in its place.

I have some more shopping to do tomorrow, I have some gift certificates to burn. One is Bath and Body Works, of which I need more like I need a hole in the head, but they're having a SALE!!!!!!!!! *googly eyes*

I went to Borders today armed with a gift certificate and of course ended up spending more money than was on the gift card. By, like, twice the amount. Oops. I had to buy a 2005 calendar, which was interesting because the pickin's were slim. I almost bought the University of Michigan football calendar just to piss off my husband, but since they lost the Rose Bowl, I figured there was no reason to be a cocky Wolverine fan today. I was also tempted by the LeBron James calendar, but who in the hell wants to look at LeBron for 12 months? Curiously enough, my Borders also was selling Detroit Tigers and Detroit Lions calendars. Look, I know we're close to Lake Erie, but I don't know any Lions OR Tigers fans this side of Toledo. Odd.

Then there was the Sopranos calendar, which was tempting. But irrelevant.

The Lizzie McGuire calendar was, like, sooooooo cute, but, like, it's so five minutes ago. Ya know? *twirls hair*

In the end, I bought a vintage travel poster calendar. Which, incidentally, was the same calendar motif we had last year. Tres boring.

I also may have purchased a couple of other books. For instance, the Tom Wolfe book that I regifted to my sister-in-law -- I got myself a new copy. (Mum's the word on that one, btw). And I also got The Curious Incident of the Dog in Night-time, which the friendly cash register lady told me was very good.

I'll get around to reading those as soon as I clear out my current reading list: What To Expect When You're Expecting, The Hip Mama Survival Guide, The Girlfriend's Guide to Pregnancy, et. al. I think I was reading an actual novel, too, but I can't figure out where it went to.

2 comments:

GreenTuna said...

Hey, if you don't already own "what to expect" I'll mail you mine. I also have "What to expect when your Wife is Expanding" that some idiot male thought was funny. I'll give them both to you as a twofer. What a bargain!

Kat said...

I had two copies of "What to Expect" -- I bought one when I found out I was pregnant, and then my ob/gyn gave me one as well, so I gave my extra copy to another friend who is pregnant... "What to Expect When Your Wife Is Expecting?" Hmm... this would involve my husband reading a book. He did read Da Vinci Code, but that is the only book I've known him to read the entire time we've been dating. Should I guilt him into reading it? That's always good for a few laughs!