Wednesday, January 12

Pucker up
My husband and I were sitting over wings 'n' beer and wings 'n' Sprite last night, having a discussion about the state of the popular music industry and how it's gone into the crapper (one of our favorite topics).

I said, "I just realized the other day that I can't even listen to KISS anymore."
He gave me a puzzled look. "You mean you listened to KISS before?"
"Yeah," I said, "Every now and then I'd put it on in the car. But I can't even relate to it anymore."

A long pause.

Then he says, "I mean, some of their more popular songs that they play, like... I don't know. Name one for me."

"Um... Nelly 'Hot in Herre?'" I say.

The lightbulb goes off.

"OH!" he says. "You're talking about KISS the radio station!"

Rather than the makeup-wearing, long tongue-having, Gene Simmons-led band. Here he thought he had married a closet metalhead.

ADDENDUM FOR TVJ: Because I can't get into comments, I'll answer your question here. Yes, I think it's the same, or at least similar. Although we don't have Seacrest in the mornings, we have Valentine. I think he's a Seacrest wannabe. Anyway, they pipe him in from L.A. or god knows where. I'm willing to bet that our KISS is a complete knockoff of your KIIS.

1 comment:

TVJ said...

Is your KISS the same as my KIIS? Pop music with Ryan Seacrest in the morning? And if so, is his show a day behind there? I can't listen to KIIS anymore anyway. I mean, I love me some Seacrest - but their format sucks ass.