Tuesday, August 31

Feeling guilty
Please don't call the animal police on me. But this morning I whapped Dom with my pillow. I gave him a good one. He had broken the #1 cardinal rule in the house: don't mess with my sleep. EVER.

All night, he was up in the window right next to my head, but he wasn't just sitting there demurely looking out like our other, model citizen cat does. He was scratching the glass with his claws, he was up on two legs, jostling everything on my nightstand, and at one point, he stepped on the "on" button to my clock radio, so just as I was drifting off to sleep last night, it was as if my alarm was going off. My husband, the rat bastard, slept through the whole thing.

So this went on for quite some time last night. I just drift off, and Dom comes back to the window and makes some kind of racket to wake me up. Drift off, wake up. Lather, rinse, repeat. Finally, out of sheer exhaustion, either he cut it out, or I was too tired to notice, and I slept peacefully, until about 6ish, when again he went for the window.

Which is about when I blew my top and shooed at him with the pillow. After that he would tenatively come back in the room and if he so much as heard the bed creak, he shot out of there like a bat out of hell. But by then I was so agitated, that I got up anyway.

These cat antics have got to stop. What do they think, they rule the roost?

6 comments:

TVJ said...

Aaaahahahahaha...Shiba does that to me all..the..damn.. time! I feel for ya.

Johnny Newt said...

I had some cat problems myself sweetie, but then I found this amazing pet physikic in my area, to help me understand my little "Buttertubs"(that was my precious little kitties name) inner pain, She told me that she was upset about being hunted in her previous life as a wild leopard, at wich point I kicked that old stupid bitch in the crotch, witch is really what i went there for to begin with, and took that little shit home and dug out a wonderfull old vietnamese recipe for spicy fuckin' kitten with peanuts and shredded coconut. Oh' my lord did i sleep good that night, I think i only heard 1 little peep out of her that night, her little spirit
crying for its mommy cat.
P.S. keep in mind to slice the cat meet somewhat thinnly or it canturn out a little sinewy.

Kat said...

Mental note: lock all doors and bolt all windows tonight.

Anonymous said...

I use a spray bottle with water to instill the fear of God into my cats. These days, I only have to pick it up and shake it before they run and hide.

~grace

Anonymous said...

Dom doesn't mind the spray bottle. He doesn't like being sprayed, but it doesn't deter him from doing whatever he wants to do.
-K

Johnny Newt said...

People, People please pay attention i didn't say one damned thing about Marinating the hairy little bastards,maybee with soy sauce if you must ,but water won't do a damned bit of good, jeesh,
am I the only one left on earth who knows how to cook a simple friggin' stir fry??