Tuesday, December 30

Slave to the routine
In the morning, if I do just one thing out of the ordinary realm of getting ready for work, I inevitably forget something. This morning, just as I was walking out the door, I remembered that I had to mail something. So I put down my purse and lunch on the kitchen counter, got the piece of mail, picked up my purse and ran out the door, leaving my lunch forgotten until I was halfway to work. Damn.

So what should I get to eat? I'm thinking Subway maybe. Wendy's is always a possibility, and then I can see Awesome Wendy's Grandma. She works at the drive-thru at Wendy's, and whenever you pull up to get your food, she is always happy to see you. "Hi, honey!!!!!" she says to me each time I pull up. And then makes some comment on the weather. If it's raining she has a plastic shower cap-like thing over her Wendy's baseball hat. If it's snowing she's bundled up in a scarf she probably knitted herself. She is just so cute, I can't stand it. That settles it. I'm going to Wendy's.

No comments: