Monday, December 29

Correlation does not equal causation
So I got a Palm Pilot for Christmas. And I'm trying to hook it up to my computer at work, and fiddling around with the back of the PC part of the computer (what is that called -- does it have a name other than "computer"?) and suddenly, I get a message saying "you are no longer connected to the network." I hadn't even plugged anything in yet. Then I fired up ye olde blog. And the comments went down.

So now I'm paranoid that it all has to do with me installing the Palm Pilot software and causing a major meltdown within the servers.

Why do I need a Palm Pilot, you ask?

Because I need something to beep at me and say, "Make your car payment, you ass!" Otherwise I'll have the prerecorded phone message from Fifth Third Bank asking to arrange a pickup for my leased vehicle, like I did twice this weekend. Because for the second time, I was late on my payment. They don't mess around. It's in the mail; I'm sure it probably will get there today. Jeez! Cut me some slack, people! What is it, four days late? I'm sure your company won't go bankrupt without my $250 for my Toyota.

Back to figuring out where to stick this cable thingy.

No comments: