Thursday, December 18

Back in the saddle
I suppose I should check in and at least say a few words. Hello. How are ya.
I'm feeling very well-rested, got a lot of shopping done yesterday (but STILL not done!) and got a little mental break from the office.

However, I'm seething with anger right now at the e-mail waiting for me this morning from my boss, to the department, about people asking for vacation days during the holidays at the last minute and how, as a president in the company, he's required to give 30-60 days notice on vacation time. My point being, I am not a president in the company. And I'm not compensated for not taking a vacation day and having it go to waste. They don't roll over into next year, so if I have some days left over at the end of the year, I'm takin' 'em. And to give him advance notice... well, for me that's just unrealistic. 30 days from now I could either be staring at the wall with nothing to do or I could have work coming out of my ears. It's too difficult to predict.

So I'm thinking about how to craft a professional rebuttal that illustrates my point without getting me fired.

No comments: