Saturday, December 6

My Saturday Capers
Greetings and happy weekend to y'all. When all was said and done yesterday, my lil' ol' neck o' the woods got hammered with about 6 inches of snow. It's very pretty to look at from indoors but I absolutely detest driving in it/walking in it/falling on my ass in it. It took me over an hour to drive home last night, which is about 30 minutes longer than my usual commute. On the Turnpike. And, as a side note, there have been a couple more linked shootings down in Columbus since last Sunday when someone was killed. I really hope they figure out who is responsibe, soon.

I dragged myself out of bed around 9:30. This is actually early for me on a Saturday. (Wait til I have kids, I can hear some of you saying. Yeah, I'm not looking forward to that. I'm not a morning person AT ALL.) After some intense lounging by the TV, leafing thru catalogs, I went out and got my eyebrows waxed. I had a new waxer, Alea (pronounced Aaliyah), who was super cool, except she went a little nuts and plucked the hairs that were covering the scar from an eyebrow piercing debacle from when I was 19 and going through my rebellious, black hair dye days. (Not pretty -- my hair is naturally a medium brown hue, which I have, of late, infused with more auburn, with a few greys thrown in for good measure -- I've had those since age 22.) Anyhoo.

After my waxing, I treated myself to my guilty pleasure -- McDonald's all white meat Chicken McNuggets. Some may ask, what were they before they were all white meat? Bascially they're the same, they just eliminated those nuggets that were comprised of, *ahem*, rather... unsavory pieces of chicken. You could usually tell which ones they were before you bit into them. They'd either be round, or kind of look like the state of Minnesota. Well, those are ghandi, my friends.

Then I returned home, finished my catalog browsing, and then high-tailed it up to the computer, wherein I commenced a flurry of online ordering for Christmas. I took care of my mom, my aunt, my husband, and the cats (yes, they got presents... you got a problem with that?). And if a khaki-colored curduroy jacket in my size found its way into the shopping cart, I have no idea how. Still outstanding: my dad, my grandma, my mother and father in law, my sister in law, my brothers in law, and probably someone else I'm forgetting. But I've made good progress.

And, ITunes got $2 from me while I was shopping. Hey, it's like going to the mall and stopping for an Auntie Anne's pretzel or something.

The hubby is at band practice. They have a gig coming up this weekend in B.F.E. and I may or may not go, depending on the weather. As I mentioned above, driving in snow is not one of my favorite pastimes. Last year, I smashed up the front end of my car making a left turn, skidding on black ice, and plowing into the curb. I was going, maybe, 15 miles an hour. So ever since then I'm completely freaked out in the snow. I'm that jerkoff you want to kill because I'm going 30 mph in a 60, keeping about 10 car lengths between myself and the car in front of me. Occasionally I flip on my hazards if a car starts riding my ass. Just because they make me nervous. Yep, I'm pretty much a pansy. I admit it.

So we'll see if I have the cojones to go to the gig in B.F.E. It has a lot of windy, deserted stretches of road and farmland on each side. (Oh yeah. Like all of Ohio. Come on, I know that's what you all were thinking!!!) I'm a suburban chick. I live close to chain restaurants, major highway interchanges, and shopping malls. And I like it that way.

Well, I'm off to shower and try some new hair product that Alea gave me to sample -- it supposedly will straighten out the ends of my hair, which have this nasty habit of getting frizzy and curling any which way they want to. So excuse me while I go shoozh (not the correct spelling, but tzus just doesn't look like a real word.)

No comments: