Friday, October 1

Hoopla
I will post more archive stuff later on today, but there is a more pressing situation that is on the radar screen that I must address:

We are having a lunch picnic this afternoon at the office. There's a huge tent set up on the lawn, and from my office window, I can view the preparations. The grill is going, I see a bunch of burgers and dogs out there...

... And also some hula hoops.

There are about six or seven hula hoops in a pile on the lawn... as if there is going to be some sort of hula hooping contest.

First of all, I will not be hula hooping, not unless a hefty sum of cash is exchanged, in the 7-figure range. Second of all, I can think of several coworkers I do not want to see hula hooping. In fact, I can't think of anyone I'd like to see twirling their hips around trying to keep the plastic hoop up. Except maybe Incompetent But Likeable, just because I know he'd end up launching the hoop into the tent and the tent would collapse and fall into the grill and catch fire and the whole picnic would be ruined.

Actually, I might just watch the picnic from the safety of my window. I'll keep you posted on this situation as it develops!

1 comment:

GreenTuna said...

*sings the Shoop Shoop Hula Hoop* song
(I don't know if there is one, but I figure Bad Lady needs a soundtrack for this afternoon's activities)