Wednesday, January 4

First post of '06
Happy New Year to everyone! I actually made it up until midnight this year (but at 12:01, the TV went off, and not a creature was stirring, not even a Doodle). We watched some of the Dick Clark's Rockin' Eve, but I gotta tell ya, seeing Dick Clark in his decrepit state was pretty hard to watch. I think it's great that he wanted to be there, since he's such an icon and New Year's Eve is his thing, but just stand there and wave, Dick. We all want to remember you when you were in your glory.

Over the weekend, I feel like Doodle changed so much. He's learning to grab objects and hold them, which is good news for his toys, bad news for my hair and glasses. He has gotten really good at eating cereal off a spoon, and he can roll over. When I played Peek-a-boo with him, he giggled and giggled. Of course, that led to him being wound up for the next hour or so, and it was at night, so I made a quick memo to self to only play Peek-a-boo in the morning.

I'm heading into my busiest month at work, so the posting may be sparse. Or it may be my only outlet of stress. We'll see.

Of course, we have a new TV season starting, so I'll have plenty to keep my mind occupied during prime time. I'm looking forward to American Idol, 24, Survivor, and whatever other mundane reality show comes along (Celebrity Fit Club 3? Not so much. Pathetic cast.)

I feel like I should mention some kind of goal for 2006, and it is this: not to gain back my weight that I lost when I was diabetic during my pregnancy. I'm starting to put it back on. I lost about 25 pounds total, and I have gained 10 of that back. I want to lose that 10 and another 10 after that. But somehow I don't think that making chocolate chip cookies every week is the way to do it. Unless there's some kind of new diet that I don't know about? No? OK then.

2 comments:

lifeonhold said...

Kat, have you checked out Project:Runway on Bravo? It's in its second season right now. The new episodes are at 10pm on Wednesday nights.

Bravo is doing a marathon so you can catch back episodes. The marathon is also on tonight.

It's a real favorite of mine and several other reality junkies you know. You might like it.

Kat said...

Ooh, thanks. I will DVR a few eps to see if I like it!