Thursday, January 19

Comic gold
Doodle is quite the talkative chap. He has a few sounds in his repertoire, but the one he favors the most is what I call his Monster Noise. It's a growl and a scream at the same time, but he does it when he's excited.

The other night he was doing the Monster Noise on his changing table, and I looked down at him and gasped, "It's a monster!"

This hit pay dirt on the laughter scale. I had a zinger on my hands. He squealed with giggles. Naturally, this encouraged me to repeat this phrase about 55 more times. Eventually the laughter died down, until at the 54th repetition, it just garnered a half-smile from the Doodster.

"I'll never be this funny again in my life," I told my husband. So I'm relishing it.

In other news, Doodle ate baby food last night for the first time. Green beans. It looked and smelled like ass. But he ate half the jar, only cringing after the first spoonful, and then smooth sailing from there. He's such a good little guy.

1 comment:

GreenTuna said...

Doodle is awesome. You gotta love the giggles of a baby. It's very infectious and can cure just about anything that ails ya.