Wednesday, October 3

Sorry, wrong number
Over the past couple days I have had several calls on my cell phone from a strange area code and unrecognizable number. So of course, I haven't answered. It's unusual enough for me to be getting calls. I don't typically talk on the phone other than to my husband, or the occasional friend or co-worker, but we're talking few and far between.

Finally, the caller left a message, and something in his tone made me feel a sudden surge of empathy... it was just a few words. "Marsha, give me a call, ok?"

The next time the guy tried calling, I answered, only to tell him that he had the wrong number. "That's what I was afraid of," he said. "I apologize."

There's a story in there, I'm sure. Either Marsha gave him the wrong number, or he wrote it down wrong, and now he doesn't know how to contact her.

I am thinking of doing NaNoWriMo this year; this is a possibility...

No comments: