Tuesday, September 18

Sick
Thursday night, it finally hit.

The Back To School cold that I knew would get me, eventually.

It could have come from multiple sources:
1) Doodle brought something home from daycare
2) M.I.L. and other family members have been sick
3) Spent the previous weekend at a large children's gym-type place that I'm sure was teeming with germs

Anyway, the weekend was miserable. I still managed to go to the Indians game on Saturday night, which I'm sure didn't help. Sunday, I got out my leftover cough syrup with codeine from the last time I had bronchitis and I took a tablespoon.

OOPS.

Had I read the label, I would have realized that the correct dosage was TEAspoon. This resulted in me falling dead asleep, on the couch, during the Browns game, with my husband and Doodle in the room. Doodle kept pounding on me, saying "Wake up, Mommy!" I would, but then I would immediately drift back into my comatose state.

Several hours later I woke up, sniffled and coughed for a few more hours, and then took ANOTHER tablespoon of the codeine stuff before bed. THEN I read the label. Night, night!

Yesterday I took the day off work and instead of dropping 25 bucks at my quack doctor, I went to the drugstore and bought the hard stuff. You know, the stuff you have to ask for and sign an affadavit and swear not to give it to a meth head. For one lousy box of nasal decongestant and expectorant. Heh. I was expectorating yesterday.

One nice thing about being sick yesterday was that I caught up on all my TV that had backlogged on the DVR. The only show I'm behind in now is Top Chef. I even watched the "24" finale -- I'm not kidding -- from November! That's how bad it was. Just in time for all the new shows I am planning on putting on there...
-Survivor:China
-Kitchen Nightmares
-Dirty Sexy Money (Peter Krause, I would have his babies)

And of course the shows I already watch:
-The Office
-Greys Anatomy (are new episodes starting?)

I'm not sure what I'm going to do after tonight when Doodle requests "Brother" ... I have been telling him that "Flipping Out" is Brother, but now that's over too.

Anyhow, I'm back at work now, in kind of a daze, but it may be just what I need to stomach a Donato victory tonight. KWIS?

No comments: