Saturday, June 17

Pondering
It's June 17th, 2006, and you know what that means...

IT'S TIME FOR MY SEMI-ANNUAL "WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE" CRISIS! *spotlights pan the applauding crowd*

This installment of the "what am I doing with my life" crisis includes: to GMAT or not to GMAT. I'm tossing around the idea of going back to school and getting an MBA. I don't think I can get much further in my career without doing something like that. However, this means taking out loans, and we are already living so far beyond our means that our means have a different zip code.

The other thing is, school plus job plus infant = insanity. I barely have free time as it is, so throwing one night or more a week of classes into the mix might just kill me.

Between you, me, and the lamppost, I don't think I am going to be at my job much longer. Things are getting ... weird there.

I'll mull this one over for a little while longer. I'm not going to do anything drastic. Fortunately my husband also goes through this crisis, and in his last go-r0und, he purchased a practice GMAT book. It wouldn't hurt for me to take a look-see at it.

Until next time, this is crisis central, signing off.

1 comment:

Mensch71 said...

I'm having your midlife crisis. GMAT? LSAT? Should I go back and finish my MPA or get a "real" MBA? Maybe law school? Do the consulting gig part time and pray that the student loans will cover the rest? I guess it depends on what you want to do... and that, my dear, is the REAL crisis.

Your sister in crisis...