Thursday, September 15

All hail the queen
Today I met the Queen of the Day Care.

There she was, sitting high above her subjects, in her very own high chair, while the others all had to sit around a table. Her hair was perfectly coiffed. As I passed by her high chair to put Daniel's bottles in the fridge, she smiled at me and said "hi."

"Hi," I said back.

Suddenly, a chorus of "hi's" rang through the land. Her subjects, taking her lead, all greeted me with little baby smiles. I, in turn, said hello back to each of them.

It was pretty cute. Honestly, I think that this girl's mother must style her hair to get it to look that good. It looked like it was hairsprayed in place. And this girl is, at the most, 18 months old. I see beauty pageants and homecoming queen crowns in this girl's future. But for the moment, she'll have to just reign over the infant room.

P.S. Do you think my husband would kill me if I dressed my son in this? How about this? (Can you believe that is so popular, it's out of stock?)

My honest-to-God favorite is this one. I would never spend that much money on a Halloween costume. But ...

Grandma would.

So I e-mailed it to my mom.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Monkey one is the BEST! OMIGOD how cute! The elephant was cute too!

How funny about the daycare queen. I remember those kids- the 'born to lead' type of babies.

ha ha ha !!!!

GreenTuna said...

I LOVE Monkey baby, but damn, that kid looks CHEEZED OFF that somebody threw him in that getup.

lifeonhold said...

Oh, get the monkey costume! I'm fairly certain that 'lil Daniel can McBanks the Howler Monkey scream and that would be so perfect on many levels. You could dress him up for Survivor too!