Tuesday, August 30

Week six photos
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

It's hard to believe that six weeks have gone by since my son was born. He is changing every day. He is able to focus more, he recognizes his father and I and he smiles (and melts my heart each time) at us. He makes all kinds of noises, from a piggish grunt to a high pitched squeal. He's not crying as much as he was a few weeks ago, or if he does, it's for a good reason, usually. Now if we could just nail down the whole sleeping thing, we'd be good to go. I am reading such books as the Baby Whisperer and BabyWise and all sorts of other baby-related literature, but I did also manage to finish the latest installment of Harry Potter over the weekend.

A little less than two weeks and it's back to work. How am I going to leave this cutie at day care?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cutie!!!!!

You are looking pretty damn good too girl!

Daycare- just get ready to cry all the way to work, and call the daycare about every 30 minutes to check on him.

He'll be fine though!

Margaret said...

What a cute dude! The sleeping thing will work out. I never put my daughter on a feeding schedule, and she slept all night (why wake her to eat? She'd wake when she was hungry!).

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat,

Iusedtoread you awhile back. I don't remember what myblogor username were then though, LOL.

Daniel is BEAUTIFUL!! OMG, he's so sweet!! Congratulations!


You only get 2 months off for maternity leave?? That's insane!! Youreally should move to Canada.we get 1 year!

Anonymous said...

Don't worry about the sleep stuff now, it will work itself out. I ended up reading "Health Sleep Habits" by brockenhuaber (I don't know what the hell the guys name is, but it is B something) Anyway, he talks about how the first two months are really just a wash when it comes to sleep but then goes step by step for each month. It's great. I'm in Cleveland for a 12 hour breeze by so my mom got to see Daniel and she got all teary about how beautiful you both looked!!!