Friday, June 10

Parenting for dummies
I'll be spending most of what is supposed to be a gorgeous weekend inside of the hospital for a crash course in childbirth.

My husband is begrudgingly going with, even though I think he would rather have a root canal while simultaneously having his leg amputated.

And I still haven't told him about the whole "bring two bed pillows and a blanket to sit on" part. I don't think I will spring that on him until we're in the car and it's too late for him to bail.

I really hope they don't show a video. I'm pretty sure they will, though. I know what end of me the baby is going to come out of -- I don't need a demonstration! In fact, I don't even want to know anything that is going on down there while I'm in labor. Just get the baby out of me and tell me when it's over, that's my philosophy. And my husband would concur with that statement, I'm sure.

I'm pretty sure we're going to be the "bad" couple at this class.

2 comments:

GreenTuna said...

I won't tell you that my labor and delivery could be summed up by the primordial scream, "They didn't teach me THIS in childbirth class!"

Oops, I just did. Ignore the movies. It'll go how it goes. And the path is a one-way deal anyway.

lifeonhold said...

I'm making a note of it to keep you and Teem in my prayers for the best possible birth process with health for mom and child. "I'll take a #1 on Kat's list for both Kat and Teem, please."