Monday, March 15

Stupidity of the day
Yes, I admit, I'm a bit of a computer snob. If you don't know basic computing skills, you are an idiot. I'm sorry. It's just the way I feel.

So with that in mind, I get the following phone call:
"I'm trying to e-mail this mailing list to you but it won't stay on the disk," says the caller.
"Won't stay...?" say I.
"Yeah, we keep trying to send it but it won't stay on the disk."
"OK ... uh, are you sending it as an attachment?"
"Well, we can't attach it because it won't stay on the disk."
"Hmm. Um? I guess I'm not really understanding what you're trying to do."
"We have this list of names, and my assistant, she tried to put it on that thing, where you lift up the glass and the light comes on?"
"You mean the scanner?"
"Yeah. And so we have this file and it won't stay on the disk."
"You scanned an entire document? You don't have the actual spreadsheet of the mailing list?"
"Spreadsheet?"
"Yeah. See, we would need a spreadsheet. The scan wouldn't really help us."
"Oh. So can I fax it?"
"Go ahead and fax it."
"To your attention?"
"Yes, to my attention."
"Ok, thanks."

You're welcome, ass clown.

No comments: