Friday, July 28

Responsible parenting
I got a call from day care this afternoon. Which usually means that I am leaving work several minutes later to come pick up a feverish, or vomiting, Doodle.

However, today they were just calling me to report an "incident" that had occurred while Doodle was sitting at the infant table. Apparently he grabbed a bottle that was on the table that wasn't his and started to drink it. The bottle contained breast milk.

I'm not sure if I was supposed to be alarmed or upset at this news, but I was neither/nor. I just said, "Ok, thanks for letting me know," and that was that.

Call me crazy, but breast milk is probably the most healthy thing he put in his mouth today.

I think it's because I've seen Doodle eat a clump of cat hair/dust bunny material, and nothing bad happened to him then. OK, he really didn't eat it as much as it was hanging from his bottom lip for what probably qualifies as "more time than a good parent would allow."

2 comments:

lifeonhold said...

New scientific reports say dirt, and pets in the home, are good for kids. They build the immune system and protect them against allergies. Good mother!

Anonymous said...

The Sarcastic Idiocy Forum advocates the responsible use of cheddar cheese at all times,
and fully endorses Gary Glitter as the next ruler of a free and democratic Cuba!

http://sarcasm.15.forumer.com